Sarah Ferguson‘s whereabouts are unknown following the arrest of her ex-husband, Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor.
On Oct. 30, King Charles III stripped Andrew of his royal titles. He also evicted him from Royal Lodge after weeks of pressure to act over the former Duke of York’s friendship with late sex offender Jeffrey Epstein.
The ex-prince shared the 30-room mansion near Windsor Castle with Ferguson, making it their longtime home.
“She is leaning on trusted staff members,” British broadcaster and photographer Helena Chard claimed to Fox News Digital in November. “Her nerves are frayed. She is shaken to the core by the loss of her royal safety net. She fears further humiliation and worries that the serious allegations will affect her girls’ standing. The couple’s daughters, Princess Beatrice and Princess Eugenie, have distanced themselves from their parents’ scandals.”
“Sarah has made it well known among her staff and others that she no longer believes in Andrew and is preparing to go her own way after years of loyalty and public defense of her ex-husband,” British royals expert Hilary Fordwich also claimed to Fox News Digital at the time. “She’s described as ‘massively on edge’ and ‘panicking’ about her own future.”
The Duchess of York — who divorced Prince Andrew in 1996 — reportedly reached out to Epstein in 2011 after publicly denouncing their friendship during an interview with the Evening Standard.
During the interview, Fergusson expressed her “deep regret” and promised to “have nothing ever to do with Jeffrey Epstein ever again,” three years after he had been imprisoned for soliciting prostitution from a minor.
In an alleged email to Epstein following the interview, Ferguson referred to the disgraced sex offender as a “steadfast, generous and supreme friend.”
In a statement to The Guardian at the time, a representative for Ferguson said she stood by her public condemnation of Epstein.
“Like many people, she was taken in by [Epstein’s] lies. As soon as she was aware of the extent of the allegations against him, she not only cut off contact but condemned him publicly, to the extent that he then threatened to sue her for defamation for associating him with pedophilia,” the statement read. “She does not resile from anything she said then. This email was sent in the context of advice the duchess was given to try to assuage Epstein and his threats.”
A representative for Ferguson did not immediately respond to Fox News Digital’s request for comment.
First Appeared on
Source link
Leave feedback about this