16 February 2026
Chicago 12, Melborne City, USA
Design

Netanyahu says he’s ‘skeptical’ about future US deal with Tehran

The prime minister laid out components he considers essential in any deal with Iran to ensure the security of Israel, the US, the region and the world.

Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said he was “very skeptical” about any future deal with Iran and that he raised concerns with US President Donald Trump that “the Iranians are lying.”

Speaking at the Conference of Presidents of Major American Jewish Organizations’ 51st Annual National Leadership Mission in Jerusalem on Sunday, Netanyahu said he just returned from the US, where he held “a very important meeting” with Trump focused on Iran.

The conference, which began on Sunday, is set to run through Thursday.

According to Netanyahu, Trump believes as though “Tehran feels like it missed a chance to reach a deal last time and wants to reach one this time.” He stressed, however, that he had his doubts.

“Iran is reliable on one thing, that they lie and they cheat.”

Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu meets with US President Donald Trump at the White House on February 11, 2026. (credit: Avi Ohayon/GPO)

‘For the security of Israel and the world’

Netanyahu went on to lay out what he considered essential components in any future deal with Tehran.

“If a deal is reached, it should have several components that we believe are important not only for the security of Israel but for the security of the US, the region, and the world,” the prime minister said.

First, according to Netanyahu, a potential deal must ensure the removal of all enriched uranium from Iran’s territory, not merely stopping enrichment.

Second, all uranium enrichment equipment and infrastructure will have to be dismantled and removed from Iran, to ensure the country has no enrichment capability.

Third, the deal will have to limit Iran’s ballistic missiles to a range of 300 kilometers to ensure they cannot reach Israel or valuable assets in the region.

Finally, the deal will have to include disbanding the axis of terror, Iran’s proxy network in the Middle East, including Hezbollah in Lebanon, the Houthis in Yemen, and Hamas in Gaza.

Netanyahu: We’re giving Trump’s plan a chance

Speaking on Gaza, Netanyahu said Israel will try to implement Trump’s peace plan in Gaza, despite voicing concerns.

“We’re giving Trump’s plan a chance,” Netanyahu told the American Jewish leaders.

On the issue of disarming Hamas, which has faced numerous delays and difficulties, Netanyahu stressed it was non-negotiable.

“We have to complete the job,” he said, adding that Israel has so far dismantled approximately 150 kilometers of the 500-kilometer network of Hamas tunnels in Gaza.

“Gaza will not pose a threat ever again,” Netanyahu stated.

Trump’s peace plan states that “all military operations, including aerial and artillery bombardment, will be suspended, and battle lines will remain frozen.”

Addressing US aid, the prime minister said Israel is looking to shift the relationship “from aid to partnership.”

First Appeared on
Source link

Leave feedback about this

  • Quality
  • Price
  • Service

PROS

+
Add Field

CONS

+
Add Field
Choose Image
Choose Video